Thursday, February 11, 2010

my eyes have seen


My ears had heard of You but now my eyes have seen You.
-job 42:5


As we get to know God we see Him in our lives in places and at times we never expected. While meditating on this passage in Job, I realized (funny how we always say "realized" when I'm pretty positive every time it's God reveal
ing something to us) that as I see God in such a different way than I have before. Because I grew up in a Christian home I heard about God all the time. I heard that He was loving, faithful, forgiving. But it wasn't until I grew up spiritually that I saw God. In this passage Job says that because he sees God he despises himself. We do not know who we are until we see God. We can hear of God, but until we see God we have not experienced Him.
Personally I have found that I have seen God in and around people. Everyone has been made in the image of God, and therefore I find that we can see different aspects of God in people. People on the street, people I've come into contact with. I've seen God in His creation.


sinner,
saved by grace


I found this picture that I had taken sometime last year. Through this image I believe can be potrayed the reality that we are sinners. We have sins stuck to us, part of our lives. We are filthy, torn people. Yet we can be saved and cleaned by the love of Jesus Christ.


Dear God,
Stretch me.
I give you permission to break my heart.
Prepare me for what You would have me do in the Dominican Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment